i felt compelled to write down a few of the hysterical interactions we’ve had..
1. at wegmans while we were stocking up on snacks from the bulk section, i turn my back for a second and they are just going all hands in to the gum drops and gumballs. then when i screech, what are you doing!?! zoe drops about 19 of them onto the floor and quickly drops to all fours to scoop them up. another harried strange child goes in for the assist.. they all ended up back in zoe’s bag. it was a losing effort on my part.
2. walking from the store to the car i advise them against walking on the black ice. of course that’s ONLY where they’ll walk after hearing my precautions. when i insist they walk on the dry pavement i get a “Becky! we’re just tryin’ ta have some fun!”
3. about 6 minutes into the movie, Big Hero 6, zoe wanted to leave. fill her juice bottle with water from the bathroom. and just go to the bathroom in general. at least 2 more times throughout the movie she asked when it was going to be over.
4. after many tears, teagan told me she doesn’t like sad movies!!!
5. my tenant in the basement left for the evening and before he leaves the house he typically douses himself in cologne. tonight was no different. zoe wanders into the kitchen some time afterwards and comes running over to me her face lit up, pressing her hands together against her cheek, swooning, “oh, he smells so handsome!”
6. they love to play dress up at my house, and they love the “evil dresses”. so they were playing evil witches and zoe insisted i make her have “evil hair”.. not really knowing what that is, nor having the time/desire to do such a thing, i offer to put a pair of my precious renaissance fair horns in her hair.. she looks in the mirror in complete shock and says, “I LOOK LIKE A COW!”
i love these little girls to pieces, they make me laugh so hard. i am sure i will have more things to add to this list tomorrow.
sad days.. my car has seen better days. instead of putting an endless amount of cash into it, i think it might be best to trade it in while it still has some value. i wish it wasn’t a 2008, or model year. i feel like that is contributing to the issues my car is having. :( it was a good 4 years for me though.
i’m not sure what i’ll get next, but it will need to be substantially cheaper. my new goal in owning a car is that it last longer than my loan. i’ve never been without a car loan..
i can’t believe the holidays are here already… life is going by so fast these days.
i’ve been going at all cylinders for a number of weeks now and all that go go go has caught up with me. i’ve taken it very easy this past week by curtailing my nightlife, resting and working from home and it’s really made a difference! it’s also given me some time to get some home things done that i’ve been neglecting or too busy on the run to do. i’m grateful that my job allows for me to work from home on occasion.
i got word last night that a college classmate, my age, died of a heart attack this past monday. 38 years old is too young to die. I probably hadn’t seen him in a good 10-12 years, but we were once neighbors in the dorm. He had an 11 month old and was a teacher. A beloved teacher based on the comments on the funeral homes page. i can’t help but draw parallels to when my father had a heart attack, granted he was slightly older, but not much, less than 5 years i think. we were so lucky not to lose him that fall. this death is on the heels of a couple of other cancer related deaths i’ve been aware of lately. death is an inevitable aspect of life, and as i get closer and closer to my 40’s i suspect that this will be a more common occurrence. this is a sad realization.
my intestines/digestive tract work differently now, and my body rebels when i consume the wrong things. my most violent reactions are when i drink sugars. i also have uncontrollable bathroom issues when i eat too much sugar.
either i’ve eaten too much sugar lately, and it’s built up to the point where it’s tipped the scales, or i’ve erroneously drank something that wasn’t sugar free. in any case, it was a rough week +.
i wish i had some inner strength to resist sugar. :( i think i’ve blogged about this before, but since surgery and subsequently since i’ve stopped drinking i crave sugar like i’ve never craved sugar in my life. i never had much of a sweet tooth before surgery.. *sigh*
in other news, i’ve retired my stovetop popcorn popper. i make so much popcorn that i’ve been going through the Whirley Pops like no one’s business. so after a couple of recommendations i’ve purchased a Hamilton Beach Popcorn Popper. while i’ve only used it twice, i think we will become fast friends.
today i have been so very angry for no apparent reason.. the kind of angry where i want to break and throw things. i think holding this anger all day has given me a headache. i feel bad that justin was subject to such a foul mood, he’s always got so evenly keeled.
looking at my calendar i’m about to get busy. zoe’s birthday is this weekend, attending a town court meeting, then the book of mormon, then a wedding shower and helping out at a neighborhood race, then another paint night, then i go to boston!! i’m getting tired thinking about all those things. :)
in better news, my halloween costume is 99% finished.